Norwegian Krone online casinos
Regulated and distributed by the Norges Bank, the Norwegian Krone was introduced in late 1875 when Norway joined Denmark and Sweden to form the Scandinavian Monetary Union. The union later dissolved in 1914, but Norway kept the Krone as its currency. NOK currency has been used in gambling since the early 1900s when players gambled on horse racing.
Features of NOK gambling
For a long time, gambling in Norway has been illegal, and those that are allowed are run by state monopolies. Norsk Tipping and Norsk Rikstoto controlling lottery and horse racing betting respectively are the only gambling operators that are licensed and run by the government. As much as the Norwegian government has monopolized online gambling in Norway, there's a law that allows Norwegians to gamble on offshore or foreign platforms. It also allows online casino operators to offer their services in Norway so long as they have a license from a European Union member state. The foreign online casino operators enjoy up to 45% of the Norwegian players. This is mainly because both Norsk tipping and Norsk Rikstoto have a poor game selection, few games, heavily taxed, and the odds are very low.
Unlike Indonesia and Russia, Norway does not have strict rules and regulations against foreign online casino operators. In 2016, it was believed that 50% of Norway's online gambling market was controlled by offshore online casino operators. The Norwegian government has invested deeply in getting its gambling populous to use the Norsk tipping and Norsk Rikstoto, but a good percentage do not use them. Illegal and unlicensed online casinos and land-based casinos face severe punishment, including hefty fines.
The main advantage of using the Norwegian Krone in online gambling in Norway is that both the state-owned and foreign casinos offer their bonuses and winnings through the NOK currency. These allow the player not to waste time exchanging the currency and also saves them currency exchange fees. The other benefit is that the Norwegian players have a wide choice of both online casinos and payment options accepted to choose from. Some casinos even offer a bonus every time a player uses a particular payment option.
Make deposit with Norwegian Krone.
There are several methods or payment options in online casinos using the Norwegian Krone. The most popular are the debit and credit cards, e-wallets and even Cryptocurrencies.
- ?MasterCard and Visa - these debit and credit cards are the most popular and most used form of payments to online casinos not only in Europe but also across the globe. Visa provides fast and safe deposits and withdrawals. MasterCard only provides deposit and not the withdrawal of winnings due to the heavy regulations and rules. There are also other debit cards and credit cards used by Norwegian players like American Express and Maestro.
- ?e-wallets - The most popular e-wallets in Norway are Skrill, Neteller, and Ecocard. These e-wallets have high tech encryption and security features that put the safety of your money first. Some of them or even all of them do hide the bank details of the players from the online casinos hence the added layer of security. Neteller, Skrill, and Ecocard all accept the NOK currency, which is thus very popular among most Norwegian online casino players.
- ?PaySafeCard - It is a popular prepaid card solution that allows you to withdraw and deposit to online casinos. It was mainly created for the safe web-payment problem hence suitable for online casino players. This payment method is popular among Norwegian online casino players because it is reliable and fast compared to the other payment options. It is also worth noting that almost all the top popular casinos accept PaySafeCard as a payment option.
How to deposit into online casinos using NOK currency??
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to safely deposit your Norwegian Krones into your online casino account wallet.
- ?First, you have to do enough research and find the best online casino that accepts the Norwegian Krone. It is also advisable to find one that offers its bonus and winnings in the local currency.
- ?Create an account with the online casino you have decided on and verify it.
- ?Log in to your registered account and go to the banking or payment page. Choose the best payment option that suits you and which is secure. Enter your banking or financial details and enter the amount you wish to deposit.
- ?The amount you enter should be within the set maximum and minimum limits. Finally, confirm your transaction using a prompt or a secret code sent by the payment option. The money should reflect in your online casino account wallet.